Rebreathers at DEMA

11/7/2011 | Category: All | 3253 Views | 7 Comments

Had an interesting trip to DEMA this year. DEMA is the trade show for the Scuba Industry. Attended the Course Director update and then listened all week to people talking about Closed-circuit Rebreathers (CCR). So I am wondering if this is something that I should get involved in. PADI has a new course designed for recreational divers (you and me) that will allow us to go as deep as 100 ft with a bail-out bottle. Have been teaching similar Semi-closed circuit rebreathers for the last 10 years.Now would have to purchase new equipment, take a couple of expensive classes and then do some diving with the new unit.

Realistically the Midwest is not the place to use rebreathers! They allow you to get close to the subjects that you want to take pictures or video of, since they don't scare them away with the bubbles. There are some benefits in this area: you get all the advantages of nitrox, plus you will stay warmer since you are breathing warm moist air. But the wrecks don't get scared by the bubbles and then swim away.

There are boats and resorts in the world that are going to purchase them and have them available for rent when you visit them. I talked with 3  of them during the show. That will make it easier to pack and cheaper since you won't have to purchase or transport one.

I also talked to a number of Instructors who are interested in being able to teach this class. But my question is this: Who would be interested in learning to use or teaching others how to use a CCR?  We created a survey. Please take it: Survey

Comments

On 9/21/2017 Obat Pelangsing Badan said:

thank you of some of the your blog articles Obat Pelangsing Badan

On 9/21/2017 Obat Pelangsing Badan said:

On 1/26/2016 Deasey said:

Touche. Sound arguments. Keep up the good spirit.

On 7/25/2015 Lees said:

Karerna desain Anda dicetak yang memiliki laser warna atau sebuah printer inkjet Anda akan dapat memiliki sebagai kwtika Anda suka. Kombinasi di samping keahlian printer bbaju memberikan yang sangast baik dan tahan lama mencari baju. Jika Anda mencari T-Shirts untuk pernikahan Anda dapat ntuk Anda pengantin, satu untuk ibu dari pengantin wanita, satu untuk pembahtu rujmah dan beberapa untuk pengiring pengantin dan beberapa lainnya orang yang terlibat.

On 2/11/2015 mila said:

thank you of some of the articles I find this is one of the very interesting article to read, I like this alat bantu sex wanita

On 10/2/2014 Powe said:

I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an impatience over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again as exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this hike.